Shahid Ashrafi Isfahani University is located in the south of Isfahan in Sepahan Shahr. It was established in 1996 as a non-profit University to provide access to graduate and undergraduate programs for the students. The University is small in size but large in spirit, and as such has a civilizing mission based on freedom, tolerance, plurality and human dignity. The University holds full-time and short-time courses for Iranian and foreign students. Short-time courses of Persian Language are offered for the foreign students. And, full-time courses of Accounting, Architecture, Computer, Civil, Jurisprudence, Economics, Law, Theology and Management, all with different branches, are offered for the Iranian students. These fields attract a diverse student group, evenly balanced between men and women. The students must attend the classes for two semesters with a break between the two. In 1996, the University had only four fields including Law, accounting, Economics and Theology. Since 1998, it has grown to include other fields as mentioned above. The University has focused on excellence in teaching and opportunity since its establishment. Applicants are required to have the following qualifications to enter the University. High school Diploma awarded by an Iranian school or a foreign school approved by the Iranian Ministry of Education. The academic system of the University is as follows.
- An acceptance offered by the Organization of Assessment of Education or through the Boards of Directors of University. Overseas students need to get an acceptance letter from the Admission Office. Applicants for PhD programs take an extra oral exam given by the University as well.
- The University provides a variety of choices in educational programs and services. It commitment to quality in education is reflected in the excellence of faculties, academic programs and facilities. The University offers the programs of bachelor, master and doctor of philosophy.
- The language of instruction at the University is Farsi and students from overseas are required to attend remedial courses in the Persian Language for a period of one year.
- In the case of absence, students may be excused by the Education Bureau for non-attendance at classes for a period not exceeding 3/16 class sessions throughout the course.
· The Academic Calendar of the University is as follows: The Fall semester lasts from October to February and the Spring Semester lasts from February to June. Shahid Ashrafi Isfahani University also offers a limited summer term that is open to Shahid Ashrafi students and to other students from other universities. Summer –term is an intensive program of 8 weeks and courses taught are equivalent in credits to the Fall and Spring semesters courses but have twice as many class hours. Meanwhile, grades received in the Summer term are included in the grade point average. Summer students are allowed a maximum academic load of 8 credits. This limitation applied both to University students and other students from other universities.
- All programs at Shahid Ashrafi Isfahani University are taught by professors, associate professors or lecturers with PhDs, or by qualified professionals with extensive academic experience.
- Shahid Ashrafi Isfahani University accepts international students from different countries. They are offered bachelor, master, and doctoral-level training at the University.